Friday, March 2, 2012

A Doer More Than a Hearer

For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.
- Romans 2:13

To God, obedience to the law is more important than hearing the law.  God has a different scale in measuring righteousness.  Ours is way too different from His. What credit is it to the man if he hears the law but do not obey it?

Am I a hearer or a doer of the law?  It is futile if I hear the law yet I do not obey it.  By God's grace and by the Holy Spirit's empowerment I am able to hear and obey the Word of God.  I should not just be a hearer, but also a doer of God's Word.

Father God, help me to live out Your Word in my life that I may be a doer more than a hearer.  In Jesus' name. Amen.


[Journal entry: June 13, 2011]

No comments:

Post a Comment