Monday, November 28, 2011

Is This Fair and Just?

For God sent Jesus to take the punishment for our sins and to satisfy God's anger against us.  We are made right with God when we believe that Jesus shed His blood, sacrificing His life for us.  God was being entirely fair and just when he did not punish those who sinned in former times.  And He is entirely fair and just in this present time when He declares sinners to be right in His sight because they believe in Jesus.
- Romans 3:25-26


Is this what you call fair and just?  God must have a totally different meaning of fairness and justice.  He sent Jesus to be punished of OUR sins and not us.  Jesus' blood paid for our sins -- for my sins.  Through the blood shed of Jesus I was declared righteous in God's sight.  Jesus who is sinless took the penalty of my sins and of your sins.  He died for us...for me...for you!

What all men have to do is to believe in the name of Jesus; to believe that Christ died for the sins of men and was resurrected by the power of God.  Now this is something!  This is being fair and just of God.  There's nothing we can do to earn acquittal but only to believe in His Son, Jesus.  If God were really fair, mankind has long before been annihilated on earth.

This is Good News!  This news is so good not to be shared to others.  Jesus took away the sins of the world in order for us to be right and to be reconciled with God.  Praise God that He has opened the hearts and minds of people for this to understand the truth about His love.  Praise God that He has chosen to reveal to me this truth about Him.  And because of this, it is also fair and just for me to share to others of what He has done for me.

[PRAYER]
Father God, thank You for being fair and just.  Thank You for You Son, Jesus because through Him, I am cleansed of my sins and I am reconciled with You.  Your love is great and so deep and so wide that You are willing to sacrifice Your only Son to die in place of me.  Your Son, Jesus, who is without sin became a sin for the world.

Oh how magnificent is Your love!  I can boast of nothing to deserve Your love or merit. It is not because I'm good You saved me, but because of Your great love for me!  All I have to do is to believe that Jesus died for my sins.  Now I'm dead to sin and I'm alive in Christ Jesus!

Father God, I pray that You anoint my mind, my mouth, and my hands for the work of Your Kingdom -- that I may be able to share to others of Your awesomeness and of Your great love especially to those who don't know You and who haven't heard of Jesus yet.  This I pray in Jesus' name. Amen.


[Journal entry: April 13, 2011]

No comments:

Post a Comment