Thursday, November 24, 2011

November Christmas Tree

I was decorating our Christmas tree (Yes. A Christmas tree in November) this morning in our living room. Everybody in the house has their own chore, so I decided to finish up decorating our tree which daddy and Nang Nisa left the undone work last night. While I was putting on candy canes and balls on to the tree, thoughts came into my mind. And yes, while I was decorating, I was also praying and talking to God as well.

Thoughts came into my mind. I said to myself, "The reason for celebrating Christmas is JESUS. But how often most people miss out the main reason for celebrating this season?" The reason for celebrating Christmas is because a Savior has to come into the world to die for our sins. Christmas has even the name of Jesus in it -- CHRIST Jesus. Christmas is the beginning of the birth of our Savior, Jesus, into which the main purpose is to save and redeem mankind. Christmas is the start of victory!

More often than not the world has missed out the reason for celebrating CHRISTmas. It has become commercialized, don't you think? People are busy giving gifts, organizing parties and reunions, and even putting up extravagant displays around town. Santa Claus has been the icon of Christmas rather than Jesus. "X'mas" is written on greeting cards rather than "Christ-mas." The word "Christ" is blotted out, sad to say. Jesus is kicked out of His own "birthday party."

I said to myself, "How ironic it is that the Celebrant is not being celebrated on His own celebration." Funny how the enemy [Satan] is using Christmas season as one of his tools to deceive, to blind, to steal, and to distort people. He will do whatever it takes to take the spotlight off Jesus. It's not funny actually. It is alarming. Very alarming.

How wonderful and amazing it would be if people knew the real reason for celebrating Christmas. It would definitely change how we celebrate the season. It would not only change the way we celebrate Christmas, but also it would change how we see Jesus Christ.

As I was busying myself with the Christmas tree, I asked myself (again), "Why am I decorating this? It's not like Christmas tree is biblical. Why should we even put up a Christmas tree in our living room?" If I would put it simply, bare truth that is, there is a "Christmas tree." Really, there is one -- the cross! Jesus Christ was crucified on a tree. His hands were pierced on this tree. He came down to earth and was born to die on the cross for one reason -- to save mankind from the wages of sin which is death!

It just so happens that people "exaggerated" the tree and made it look beautiful and attractive with all the decos hanged on it...Christmas tree was born. And again, the enemy has succeeded to fool the minds of the people all over the world. Good news though, it wouldn't be for long and he is doomed to destruction in his appointed time.

Again, Christmas is about Jesus. Nothing more that could be added to it. Nothing more to accessorize. Just bare truth: Christmas is about JESUS. And the Christmas tree? It's the cross. Jesus has come to save the world; to save mankind. That is His sole purpose for His birth on earth.

And here I go again telling myself and God (while decorating the Christmas tree), "How amazing and wonderful it would be if people knew the Truth." It is amazing to realize that when angels sinned, they went down from heaven and became enemies of God. But when mankind sinned, God provided a Savior for them. For you. For me. God is the Redeemer of mankind through His Son, Jesus! Whenever I think of this, I am humbled of the truth that frail as we, a weakling race, are still God made a way for Him and us to be reconciled, to be saved from eternal death, and to have an abundant life in Jesus.

Let me reiterate. Christmas is all about JESUS. History is all about His Story. The real spotlight must be on Jesus!


Father God,

Thank You for You have chosen to save us. Thank You for You have chosen to provide a Savior for us. Thank You for there is a season of Christmas. Thank You for Your Son, Jesus, for in Him and through Him I have eternal life. Thank You, God, for another revelation today. Thank You, God, for Your love and because of Your love I am alive today. Thank You, Jesus, for Your selfless act of love. Because of You I am free and am living in truth. This I pray in Jesus' name. Amen!



[My journal entry: November 7, 2011]

No comments:

Post a Comment