Friday, December 2, 2011

It's Definite

Whenever I hear heartbreaking news and there's nothing I could do about it, I plead, "Come now, Jesus. Maranatha!"

The days are evil.  It has become more evil and it worsens everyday.  Things unimaginable are happening.  These heartbreaking news...rape, incest, war, kidnapping, torture, mass murders, burning people to death, people dying from hunger, sex trafficking, drugs, blood brothers killing each other, etc.  It pains me... It breaks my heart...I mourn.

Sometimes, I could hear me asking, "Where is justice in this world?  Why do You allow these things to happen, Lord?"  In my distress I reach to a point of questioning God about it.

If my heart aches for what's happening today in this world, how much more with God?  Definitely justice will prevail in the end.  God will not let evildoers go unpunished.  Never!  I am confident of that. I know God is the God of justice!

At these times, it is evident that I am living in the last days.  You can tell by the events happening around the world.  Definitely, Jesus would come back again! Maranatha! Maranatha! Maranatha, Lord Jesus!  You bring justice into this world as well as You give mercy unto us. Even if it seems unfair and unjust, I will not lose heart for in due time justice will be served.  Come, Lord Jesus! Maranatha!

The Holy Spirit led me to read the book of Habakkuk and Micah.  I found myself with the same thinking as Habakkuk's.

Why do you make me look at injustice? Why do you tolerate wrong? Destruction and violence are before me, there is strife and conflicts abounds. (Habakkuk 1:3)
Your eyes are too pure to look on evil; you cannot tolerate wrong.  Why then do you tolerate the treacherous? Why are you silent while the wicked swallow up those more righteous than themselves? (Habakkuk 1:13)
The Lord's answer:
For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false.  Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay. (Habakkuk 2:3)
For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea. (Habakkuk 2:14)
 But the Lord is in his holy temple;  let all the earth be silent before him. (Habakkuk 2:20)

And in Malachi, the Holy Spirit led me to these verses:

But who can endure the day of his coming?  Who can stand when he appears? For he will be like a refiner's fire or a launderer's soap.  He will sit as a refiner and a purifier of silver; he will purify the Levites and refine them like gold and silver (Malachi 3:2-3)
 "So I will come near to you for judgment.  I will be quick to testify against sorcerers, adulterers, and perjurers, against those who defraud laborers of their wages, who oppress the widows and the fatherless, and deprive aliens of justice; but do not fear me," says the Lord Almighty. (Malachi 3:5)


[Journal entry: October 25, 2011]

No comments:

Post a Comment