Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Winning Attitude

Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death -- even death on a cross!
- Philippians 2:5-8


An attitude that Jesus Christ Himself lived out for us to follow -- a servant's attitude.  Jesus Christ humbled Himself despite Him being God.  He gave up His rights in order to obey God and serve people. He did this out of love, and He did this for with God it is possible. Paul wrote this for us to follow what Jesus did: He is a leader by example.


[PRAYER]
Father God, I thanks You for sending Jesus to the world.  I thank You for saving mankind through Your Son, Jesus.  And I thank You that Jesus willingly gave up His rights and power in heaven to come down here in order to serve and to save.  Jesus is the perfect example of how we should live our lives.  He set His standards and established Your Kingdom on earth.

Thank You, Jesus, for showing us the kind of attitude we should have -- a servant's attitude.

Father God, I ask You that by Your grace, I may be able to follow what Jesus did, and that I would live out a humble life willing to serve You and others out of love.  Lord, I cannot do this on my own.  I need Your grace to be able to do this.  And Father God, let it be that I may become more and more like Jesus and that whatever I do would give back all the glory unto You.

This I pray in Jesus' name. Amen.


[Journal entry: October 18, 2011]

No comments:

Post a Comment