Sunday, December 4, 2011

Standing Firm, Unwavered

If we are thrown into the blazing furnace,the God we serve is able to save us from it, and he will rescue us from your hand, o king. But even if he does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.
- Daniel 3: 17-18


The king commanded to the people to bow down and worship the gold image he built.  But these three friends of Daniel stood up to their conviction not to.  They would worship only one God and that is the God of Heaven.  They made a bold statement that whether God would rescue them or not, they will never bow down to other gods except to God.  Wow! That's integrity.  An indestructible one.  Fully tested into the blazing fire. Literally!

What if it were to happen to me?  What if I were one of those who will be put into fire for not following the king's instructions? I'm thinking if I were one of those men, I'd probably be afraid.  But God's mercy and power would be displayed for I believe He would strengthen me and give me courage to stand up to my conviction: to worship God alone.

These men showed incredible faith in God that He is able to save them from fire.  And if not, these men would never change their minds from worshiping the Lord.  These men are worthy of respect and honor for they have shown great faith and total dependence on God.

[PRAYER]
Father God, You are real and alive and You are able to save Your people from danger, even from death.  I pray Lord that You would strengthen my faith in You so that when my faith is put to test like this, I will stand on my unwavering conviction to worship only You.  Great is Your name!  Mighty is Your name! You alone deserve worship and honor!  In Jesus' name. Amen.


[Journal entry: June 2, 2011]

No comments:

Post a Comment