Tuesday, December 13, 2011

As God Requires of Us

He has showed you, O man, what is good.  And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with Your God.
- Micah 6:8

Three points to remember:
(1) To ACT JUSTLY
(2) To LOVE MERCY
(3) To WALK HUMBLY
[NIV Footnotes]
In your efforts to please God, examine these areas on a regular basis.
  • Are you fair in your dealings with people?
  • Do you show mercy to those who wrong you?
  • Are you keeping humility?
God has made his wishes clear: He wants His people to be just, merciful, and to walk humbly with Him.

[PRAYER]
Father God, as I examine my heart, reveal to me areas that are not pleasing to You.  By Your grace, Oh Lord, will I be able to do what is right in Your sight.  Father, You love justice, mercy, and humility.  What You love I also want to love.

Increase my love for justice, mercy, and humility, oh God.  Teach me Your ways, Father. I acknowledge that I need polishing in these areas. Thank You for I am a work in progress.  I pray and I ask You, Father, to keep me genuine with my walk with You, and to also be genuine with my treatment with others.  Thank You, Father God, for Your unfailing love and for setting me free from the slavery of sin through Your Son, Jesus. This I pray in Jesus' name. Amen.


[Journal entry: October 27, 2011]

No comments:

Post a Comment