Sunday, February 5, 2012

What Should Be

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.  Share with God's people who are in need.  Practice hospitality.  Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.  Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.  Live in harmony with one another.  Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position.  Do not be conceited.
- Romans 12: 12-16

Father God, thank You for reminding me today of the hope I have in you.  Thank You for reminding me on how I should be and on how I should be treating others.  Lord, I have hope in You -- I should be joyful for that.  I have affliction -- You have allowed it and I should be patient with it.  I have access to You through prayer; I should be faithful to it.  Thank You, Lord, for showing me Your way; I often forget.



There are people who are in need -- I should be helping them out.  There are people who need to be catered for their needs and not just to entertain them -- I should be hospitable.

Photo courtesy of http://pooy.tumblr.com


Persecutions?  Yes, definitely, Christians have them.  But what differs Christians from anybody else is that they speak blessing despite being persecuted.  Lord, it's hard to do it by own effort and willpower, but by Your grace I am able to.  Teach me to be more gracious, oh God, just as You have been so gracious to me.

Today, I decide to be forgiving, gracious, joyful, faithful, patient, and helpful.  But I cannot do this on my own.  I need Your help, oh God!  I need Your grace and power to be able to do these.  I love You, God!  You alone are worthy of all praise! This I pray in Jesus' name. Amen.


[Journal entry: December 8, 2011]

No comments:

Post a Comment