Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Encouraged by the Spirit of God

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.  Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
- Hebrews 12:1-3

Father God,
Thank You for Your encouragement today through Your Word.  Yes, Lord, I decide today to run with perseverance the race You have marked for me.  I will fix my eyes on Jesus and not on my circumstance.  Jesus has been before me, and He knows what I am going through and am feeling right now.  I may be in  a situation where my relationship with my father is in tension (well, it has always been that way), but by faith, I declare that there is full restoration in our relationship in Jesus' name. Thank You, Jesus!

Jesus, in You there is healing! Jesus, in Your name there is restoration!  Jesus, in Your name there is revival! Jesus, in Your name there is life! Jesus, in Your name there is joy!  Thank You, Jesus!  I may be in a situation wherein daddy and I are not that good, but Lord, there will be a day when You will display Your power and that You will restore things as they should be.

Thank You, Father God, for Your grace is sufficient for me to endure hardship, tension, and trials.  Thank You, Father God, that You let me understand that pain is essential to experiencing the fullness of Christ.  Thank You, Father God, for rebuking me and convicting me of sin that hinders me from experiencing Christ's fullness.  Thank You that despite I have failed many times, You are faithful, gracious, merciful, and patient with me.  Oh! I just can't stop thanking You and worshiping You!


Lord, indeed You are good! All the time You are good! In good times and bad times You are good!  Though things may seem discouraging, but still God, YOU ARE GOOD! You have allowed bad things to happen in my life, but still that doesn't make You bad.  YOU ARE STILL GOOD! And even those bad things that the enemy has against me, You can still work those out for my own good! The earth is filled with Your goodness, oh God!

Thank You, God, that You are at work in daddy's life!  He may be taken hold of the enemy, but Father God, You will deliver daddy from the bondage of sin! JESUS through You there will be freedom in daddy's life!  In Jesus' name! In Jesus' name! Lord, forgive daddy for he does not know what he is doing.  Yes, literally he doesn't know what he's doing for the enemy is taking hold of him.  I rebuke every spirit that is binding daddy in Jesus' name! Father God, pour out Your Holy Spirit upon daddy's life that He may come to know Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior! In Jesus' name. Amen!


[Journal entry: January 13, 2012]

No comments:

Post a Comment