Saturday, January 14, 2012

Fear Not, God Cares

Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered.  Don’t be afraid, you are worth more than many sparrows.
- Luke 12:7

Countless as it is, God knows the exact number of hairs that each person has.  He knows the very details of our lives.  He cares for us for we are worthy to Him.  We are worth more than anything.  Yes, we are.  God even gave His Son, Jesus to die for us!  That’s how worthy we are to Him.  The world sees our worth differently.  If one has power, fame, possession, and beauty, the world calls it worthy.  But God does not base our worthiness on those things.  He bases our worth and all of His creations on HIS LOVE.

Because God calls us to be worthy, He commands us not to be afraid.  Yes, it is a command.  We can face life without fear for He cares for us.  All we have to do is to come to Him, depend on Him, and trust Him that we are in His good hands.

I am worthy in the sight of God, and I am His precious one.  I need not to look at my self-worth on how the world perceives it rather on how God sees me.  I am worthy. I am being cared for.  I have a Father in heaven who watches the minute details of my life.

God commands not to be afraid; I should follow Him.  Only by the grace of God I am able to face life without fear.  I should not be troubled by what’s happening around me because God is in control.

[PRAYER]
Father God, thank You for putting worth in us.  Thank You that You care for us, mankind.  You are a Father who really cares and who really loves me.  Lord, teach me to trust in You and to submit to You all areas of my life.  Thank You, Lord, that I need not fear for You are there watching over me and even my household.  In Jesus’ name. Amen.


[Journal entry: April 20, 2011]

No comments:

Post a Comment