Monday, January 9, 2012

The Conviction for the Calling

As I was singing during the worship service, I was convicted to devote myself wholly to God, and to commit into His calling.

I declare today that:
My eyes will only look at You.
My lips will only speak of You.
My ears will only listen to You.
My hands will only serve You.
My feet will only go to places where You lead me to.
My breath will only breathe for You.
My strength will only exert for You.
My heart will only beat for You.

I cried not because I was so moved by the song, but because the conviction in my heart is so strong.  The calling of God for His work convicted me to say ‘Yes’ – to obey.  My ‘yes’ will only be for Him, and He wants an undivided heart.

Lord, I offer my body, soul, heart – my whole life for Your work, which You have called me to do so.  “What’s really important to me? What really matters to me?” I questioned myself.  Then my heart was captured by God again.  It is HE.


[Journal entry: May 1, 2011]

No comments:

Post a Comment