Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Me Encourages Me and I

Romans 15:13

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Romans 15:13


Father God, let me be filled with Your joy and peace so that I may overflow with hope by Your Holy Spirit.

 

Therefore I glory in Christ Jesus in my service to God. I will not venture to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me in leading the Gentiles to obey God by what I have said and done—  by the power of signs and wonders, through the power of the Spirit of God. So from Jerusalem all the way around to Illyricum, I have fully proclaimed the gospel of Christ.
- Romans 15:17-19


Let this also be my venture, Father God, to speak of nothing but what Christ has done through me.

It has always been my ambition to preach the gospel where Christ was not known, so that I would not be building on someone else’s foundation.
- Romans 15:20

Let this be my ambition, too, God. 




[PRAYER]
Father God,

From this point onwards, what do You want me to do...specifically? Father God, I am on a "long hibernation." Is it time to be awaken yet? Father, speak to me in specifics, please. Father God, lately I've been, you know, spiritually dry because of my foolishness and complacency. Refresh me, oh God! Water me with Your Spirit! I need to receive Your Spirit, oh God! I am hungry and thirsty. I am undernourished today.

Fill me with Your Spirit and let it be that I will be burning with passion for Jesus. Father God, teach me to be really serious in my walk with You, to be persistent, and enduring. This I pray in Jesus' name. Amen.


[Journal entry: October 1, 2012]

No comments:

Post a Comment