Monday, October 29, 2012

The Olympians

Photo courtesy: ehow.com
 
We have a neighbor who wakes up as early as 2AM to prepare the things he needs for his business.  the other day, he told us that he saw three men at the back of our house (at the back is an empty lot) at 3AM. They were attempting to trespass inside our house through our fence.  Fortunately, we have a high fence with all the pointed grills and barbwires "garnished" on top of it.  Plus, we have watchdogs that are always alert in giving us (and the intruders) warnings.  So I guess, those three Olympian wannabes wanted to be counted in the Olympics for high jump competition, but to no avail.

It wasn't our first time hearing that kind of report.  We have been receiving reports from other neighbors who have witnessed those kinds of "Olympic high jump" attempts at our house since the past years.

I am not afraid of that news.  My household is not afraid.  Why? Because  we have a God who keeps watch over our coming and going.  We are able to sleep in peace for our God alone makes us dwell in safety.  No harm, no danger, no theft, and no accident, which the devil plots against us could ever come into my household.  No weapon formed against us shall prosper.  Setting aside our fence and watchdogs, our ultimate protection is from God Almighty.

My message to potential "Olympians": We have a 24/7 beyond hi-tech security.  There are angels encamped around the four corners of our house.  If you don't want anything bad to happen to you, KEEP OUT!

In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety. - Psalm 4:8

For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways - Psalm 91:11

You will be protected from the lash of the tongue, and need not fear when destruction comes. - Job 5:21

You, LORD, will keep the needy safe and will protect us forever from the wicked - Psalm 12:7

You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. - Psalm 32:7

My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. - John 17:15


[Journal entry: July 30, 2012]

No comments:

Post a Comment