Saturday, May 5, 2012

Feeling God's Heartbeat

As I was photocopying some documents, a song came into my mind.  As the lyric ran through my mind, tears fell from my eyes.  And as I repeatedly sang and recited the lyric, I couldn't stop crying anymore.  I was so moved by the song that I suddenly cried.  It was as if my first time hearing that song; it became alive to me. The title of the song is, "So You Would Come."

"Broken hearts, broken lives
He will take them all
The power of the Word
The power of His blood
Everything was done
So you would come."

The chorus made my cry so much.  I felt the Holy Spirit's touch in my heart right then and there as I sang it.  I felt God's revelation, a fresh one, with this song. It was just an intimate moment for me.  It was a special moment -- really special.

I'm having mixed emotions because of that special touch from the Holy Spirit through the song.  First, I am in awe of the kind of God I have.  I am really amazed of my God I am serving.  Who in the world would do everything to the point of giving His own Son as a ransom for our lives? Who, in his right mind, would ever do that?  The life of His Son in exchange for ours -- imagine that.  Jesus died for all, not for some.  God's salvation is a free gift for everyone, but not everyone is willing to accept this free gift.  Jesus died for all, but there is no guarantee that everyone whom He died for would accept His gift.  If we come to think of it, that is one risk to take -- a high cost with a probable low return; a very much expensive act with a low return on investment.

Photo courtesy: thefatherstouchministries.org
And what amazes me even more?  Broken hearts, broken lives, He is more than willing to take them in exchange of His Son's blood.  He doesn't care what kind of life we have, whether it's broken, imperfect, or messy, as long as we are willing to give Him our lives, He will gladly accept them. He desires to heal our broken lives, restore us, and give us a life of abundance.  All it takes for us is to surrender.  God had done everything so we could come to Him. He doesn't force us to come to Him, rather He woos us with His love demonstrated through His Son, Jesus.  Amazing! Amazing! Amazing God!

Second, I am mourning by just even thinking, "How many people are there who have broken lives and broken hearts and who are still living aimlessly? How many are broken and hurt and do not know where to run to and what to do?"  As I was singing, several people who I know flashed on my mind.  These people I know are even within my family and friends and workplace who are now, I can say, are broken, hurt, messed up, and battered by life's storms.  These people are going through a lot in life.  If they only knew the truth that only God can heal their broken lives.  If only they knew that all it takes is for them to surrender their lives to God, and accept that Jesus died for them so that they may have life, a healed life and an abundant life. What a loss!

Third, I feel humbled by realizing that many people are going through pain and suffering in life, and they don't even have the answer and the solution.  They do not know that their only answer and solution is Jesus.  I am sometimes quick to judge people for their hostility, rudeness, and cruelty, but not knowing what they have gone through and are going through in life.  I am quick to criticize people for their actions, and not even thinking that maybe the reason for their reactions and misbehavior is they may be having or going through a hard battle in life.  Because of this realization, I have the urge to be more compassionate and kind to these people.

Photo courtesy: Abhishek Jamkhande
It was during this time when God said to me, "Come, my child. Come near me."  I came near Him, then He embraced me, and I laid my head on His chest. And because of this special, intimate moment, I just felt the heartbeat of God. I heard every beat of it.  God's heart beats for these people -- broken and hurt. God did not allow me to come near Him and feel His heartbeat for no reason. For with every beat of His heart, I am to do the same. I am to be compassionate, kind, loving, and gracious to these people.

Thank You, Father God, for letting me understand Your heart.  Indeed, this is a very special and life-changing moment for me. :-)

The song that made me felt God's heartbeat:

So You Would Come

Before the world began
You were on His mind
And every tear you cry
Is precious in His eyes
Because of His great love
He gave His only Son
Everything was done
So you would come

Nothing you can do
Could make Him love you more
And nothing that you've done
Could make Him close the door
Because of His great love
He gave His only Son
Everything was done
So you would come

Come to the Father though your gift is small
Broken hearts, broken lives
He will take them all
The power of the Word
The power of His blood
Everything was done
So you would come


[Journal entry: April 25, 2012]

No comments:

Post a Comment