Monday, June 30, 2014

Slice the Cake




Back in college, my ultimate dream job was to be a cake slicer. You know, someone who slices cakes at a pastry or coffee shop. NO KIDDING. you could ask some of my friends about it. :-)

Ten years later, never in my wildest dreams that I would be slicing cakes (to think that I had zero skills in cooking and baking). And to add to that, I am making the cakes myself! :-) I never kept my hopes high in chasing my dreams.  After all, I was only in college taking up Information Technology (IT) and I was just only dreaming for that job.  How would an IT student like me be slicing cakes as a profession?  That would be silly.  Except, that is, slicing a cake on a birthday is fairly reasonable. :-)


Let me reiterate...

Never in my wildest dreams that I would be making cakes myself.  From slicing cakes to baking cakes. How cool is that?

A dream that was once just floating in the air like bubbles. A dream that I thought was dead and I had buried it deep down. A dream I thought that would stay unreachable has now become a reality. A dream, I must say, I am living it now wide awake!

Isn't that amazing? Isn't God amazing? He materializes every dream He has for me in His own time at His own pace. Indeed, when God is your partner, better make your dreams big.  For in Him there are no limits!  What seems unreachable is reachable to Him.  What seems impossible to the human eye is possible to Him!

I may not be there yet, but from where I am standing now, I can see that opportunities are endless with God! :-)

Delight in the Lord, indeed, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Desires in which what God desires, you also desire.  God also honors those dreams you have for yourself because after all, He is the One who gave them to you.

God desires to fulfill His plans for your life and the dreams that you have.  So do not limit God of what He can do by limiting your own knowledge of Him.

I, of course, cannot say that I have a vast knowledge of Him, yet.  There is more to know about Him.  And He desires that I will come to spend time with Him more for me to know Him better.

And what is the relation of me knowing Him with my cake slicing?  He delights.  He delights to see me reach my full potential in the same way I am delighting in what I do, that is, all for His glory.

Others might say, I have an average dream.  Well for them, maybe yes.  But to me, it is something.  It is passion.  Waking up everyday and baking some cakes is something more than work or hobby. It's passion.  I do my thing in the kitchen with all effort and time. And every time I am done with my tasks I feel I have already achieved some great things.  I get that feeling of satisfaction whenever I work in the kitchen that no amount of my previous jobs have given me. It's more than the profit.  It's more than the business. It's more than awards and rewards.

PASSION.
Passion for what I do.

Passion to wake up everyday checking mails and messages from people who have taken interests in my products.

Passion to bake cakes, design them, package them, and give them to customers.

It gives me the kind of joy that no amount of office work has given me.

Seriously...

It is always a joy to me knowing that my customers appreciate what they eat and that they have enjoyed them.

This dream. This skill. This passion. This work of art.  Everything has been dabbed with God's grace.  And because one day at a time I am realizing my once dead dream, I give thanks, truly and deeply, to my One and only Business Partner, GOD.

All glory and honor belongs to Him! 


P.S.
And why does God plant seeds of dream in our hearts and fulfill them?

So that our dreams are living proof that God is an answering God; to give extravagant thanks to Him and all the glory to Him.



[Journal entry: December 12, 2013]

No comments:

Post a Comment