Friday, May 10, 2013

Counter-check. Cross-examine.

Photo courtesy: aspergillusblog.blogspot.com
 17 I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. 18 For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people. 19 Everyone has heard about your obedience, so I rejoice because of you; but I want you to be wise about what is good, and innocent about what is evil.
- Romans 16: 17-19

Paul is warning the church to watch out for those people who cause divisions and who teach contrary to the Word. Such people deceive many especially the naive.  Such people have other agenda and wrong motives. Paul urges the church to be wise about what is good and be innocent about what is evil.


Nowadays, there are many preachers, prophets, and church leaders that teach contrary to the Word.  This is the sign of the last days.  That is why it is best to counter-check if the books we read, sermon we listen to, and preachers we watch are conforming to God's Word.

For us not to be fooled by such people who smooth talk, we should examine everything what they say based on the BIble. We should study God's Word so that we should not be swayed by such counterfeit people.

[PRAYER]
Father God, I ask You to give me wisdom and discernment so that when I read books or listen to sermons, I may be able to detect of those teachings conform to Your Word. Father, I pray, build me up based on Your Word in the bible so that I may not be fooled by those counterfeit teachers. In Jesus' name. Amen.



[Journal entry: June 20, 2011]

No comments:

Post a Comment