Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Reminder to Self

Photo credit: inboldrebirth.wordpress.com
 
Tonight, I am reminding myself of my goal in life:


I HAVE ONE GOAL IN MIND:
TO GLORIFY GOD IN
EVERYTHING I DO.


How can I glorify God?

1. In my actions?
- Love others
- Pray for those who persecute me
- Pray for my enemies
- Show respect to others
- Obey

2. In my speech?
- Encourage others
- Do not speak ill of others
- No bad words
- Speak gently
- Speak only the truth

3. In my thoughts?
- Do not think evil wishes on anybody
- Think good thoughts
- Think and meditate on God's Word

4. In my attitude?
- Be thankful
- Do not complain
- Do not grumble
- Be content
- Be humble; consider others better than myself
- Do not be proud
- Be trustful to God; do not fear
- Keep the faith

5. In my time?
- Do not procrastinate
- Develop prayer time
- Constant quiet time
- Find time to help others
- Sleep early and wake up earlier

6. In my money?
- Tithe
- No impulsive buying
- Help the needy
- Invest in worthy things
- Save more and spend less

7. In my talents?
- Use wisely
- Develop skills
- Contribute to God's Kingdom
- Participate in church



[Journal entry: September 13, 2012]

No comments:

Post a Comment