Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Laugh at Him

While Jesus was still speaking, some men came from the house of Jairus, the synagogue ruler.  "Your daughter is dead," they said.  "Why bother the teacher any more?"  Ignoring what they said, Jesus told the synagogue ruler, "Don't be afraid; just believe."  He did not let anyone follow him except Peter, James, and John the brother of James.  When they came to the home of the synagogue ruler, Jesus saw a commotion with people crying and wailing loudly.  He went in and said to them, "Why all this commotion and wailing?"  The child is not dead but asleep."  But they laughed at him.
- Mark 5:35-40

I confess that at times, I am one of those people who laughs at Jesus' words.  I can't help but laugh when God tells me something that He would do to my life that seems impossible.  It's just absurd. Crazy. LOL!


No faith. Unbelief. Impossibility.  Just plain stupid.
My mind says, "It couldn't be done."
God says, "Yes, it is possible. It can be done."

I sometimes forget that I have a finite mind with limited resources.  God, on the other hand, is infinite and He has unlimited resources.  My mind could not process the word, "possible."

Jesus commands us not to be afraid and just believe.  Yep! There is the key word: B-E-L-I-E-V-E.  Believe that Jesus can and will.  Believe that it is always possible in Jesus.  Believe that Jesus' words are always true!

And so I go back to the crowd laughing at Him.  I laugh as well while thinking, "Jesus, are You out of Your mind?!"  The truth is, I, with the crowd, should supposedly be laughed at.  Why?  For having a boxed mindset of "impossible is just impossible."  Jesus proved me (and the crowd) wrong -- many times.  Impossibility is impossible with God.


[Journal entry: July 4, 2012]

No comments:

Post a Comment