Friday, July 6, 2012

Seen From a Distance

All these people were still living by faith when they died.  They did not receive the things promised; they only save them and welcomed them from a distance.  And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth.
- Hebrews 11:13 -

Noah. Abraham. Isaac. Jacob. Joseph. Moses. These are the few people mentioned in this chapter.  They are commended by their faith, holding on to the promise God had given them.  When I read the line, "They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance,"  I remembered mama.  She knew that God gave her a promise that her husband will be saved.  She knew and believed in her heart that God will do as He promised in Acts 16:31 and 1 Cor 7:14.  She had that kind of faith, persistently believing and not doubting that it will come to pass. God promised. Mama believed; she saw it only from afar.

Photo courtesy: iLife Journey
When my mama died, I know deep in my heart that God will still fulfill the promise He gave to my mother.  She saw it and she welcomed it from a distance.  And I know, if not in mama's time, surely in my time God's promise will be fulfilled: daddy will come to know the Lord and will be saved.

Oh, I can see it coming.  And what's more exciting is that there will be a great reunion for the four of us in heaven: daddy, mama, my older sister Sharon (already in heaven too), and myself.  Oh, I look forward to that grand reunion :) :) :).  That day will be a glorious day in heaven!

[PRAYER]
Father God in heaven, I believe in You, as the God who fulfills every promise.  I will surely witness the fulfillment of the promise You have given to my mother.  Oh, Father God, thank You that I can see it from afar, and thank You that everyday is a day closer to Your promise being realized.  I can surely count on You for that!  Praise You, God!  I claim that promise today. This I pray in Jesus' name. Amen.


[Journal entry: May 1, 2012]

No comments:

Post a Comment