Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Waiting Lounge 5



As I was waiting for my flight, I am observing people going to and fro in the predeparture area.  They have gone from somewhere and will be going to their respective destinations.  I don't know how far or where they have traveled.  I may not know their purpose of travel.  I may not know what struggle they have gone through from places to places.  I may not know the people they have been with during their travel.  I don't know the people they have encountered during their travel.  I don't know how long they have waited at the waiting lounge when their flights were delayed.  I may not know what kind of people they are.  Their flights, their baggage, their choice of destination.  Their life stories... All I see is them being busy coming and going.


And then, I thought of eternity.  God has wired eternity in us.  And we are destined for heaven with Him.  But we, having granted the free will, have the choice in which airline to take, in which baggage to bring, and to which destination to go.  It is our choice.  But at the end of this "flight" we will again face another life which is eternal.

If you asked me which "airline" to take, I'd say Jesus.

If you asked me which baggage to bring, I'd say travel light.

If you asked me which destination to go to, I'd say Home ~ heaven bound.


[Journal entry: May 22, 2014]

No comments:

Post a Comment