Thursday, April 12, 2012

Living Dead

How many people are there in the world who are living aimlessly?  How many are there who are living without a purpose? How many are there out of billion people who are living in this world just to exist, but are not actually "living life?" I ask myself on this; I keep asking God on this lately.

Just how many people in this world are living meaninglessly?  I wonder, do they, at one point in their lives, ask themselves, "What am I here for? Why am I alive?" How many exactly? How many are there exactly who do not have an idea of being "alive?" How many are there who even do not realize that they need to ask themselves this question? How many? Just how many?


Photo courtesy: aboundlessworld.com
I remembered back in college, there was a point in my life I felt that there was something missing.  I felt, at one point in my life, that I was living aimlessly, and that it felt that life was meaningless.  "Is this just it? Is being alive just like this? Is there anything more than sleeping, eating, and waking up? Am I only living with this cycle: sleep, eat, and wake up? Is this all?"

I was struggling with it for maybe a week or two, and when when dad and mom went to Cebu to visit me, I couldn't hold it in anymore and I broke down in front of them.  I broke down in tears. I wept. Dad was wondering what happened to me.  Mom was consoling me.  Good thing at that time my mom was there.  Her comfort really helped me a lot to get back on my feet.  But then and there, I was crying heavily. I couldn't understand myself.  I was searching for some meaning.  I was seeking for something. Beyond life, is there a real life?

One thing that is sure: God is the answer.  I knew God back then, but I also knew our relationship wasn't that "close."  I was seeking.  I was searching.  And  I knew that what I was seeking wasn't anything tangible.  I was seeking for more of God, which He is the only answer to my questions.  I was seeking for meaning in life. The only answer was God. Yes, there is more to life than sleeping, eating, and being merry. Real life is found in Jesus. He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.  Jesus gives meaning to a pointless life.  I thank God for His saving grace He gave me.  Apart from Jesus, I am nothing.

Now I wonder, how many people ask themselves the same question as mine?

If only they knew the answer, they wouldn't have been living aimlessly.  Jesus is the answer to our every question.  Jesus is the only One who can satisfy the void in a person's heart.

[PRAYER]
Father God, I ask You to reveal Yourself to those who do not find any meaning in their lives.  Illumine their minds and open their blinded eyes that what they, rather, who they need is JESUS in their lives.  Father God, there are billions of people in this world who do not know You...let Your saving grace work in them just as You have worked in me.  This I pray in Jesus' name. Amen.


[Journal entry: February 2, 2012]

No comments:

Post a Comment